Mini idli recipe is an easy snack or breakfast. There’s something so satisfying about a piping hot idli paired with a warm cup of chai. Priya, a recipe blooger at Cookilicious expertly whips up simple vegetarian and vegan meals always made from fresh ingredients. “My recipes are inspired by my parents, culture, the place I grew up and the destinations I travel to.”
Priya’s sharing her Mini Podi Idli recipe with us. “It’s a spicy and flavourful snack, so if you’re bored of eating regular-sized idlis, try this fun variation for breakfast or an evening snack!”
Mini Idli Serving Size
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp chana dal
8-10 curry leaves
3-4 tbsp molagapodi
½ tsp turmeric powder
4 cups Idli batter
Cilantro for garnish
- The first steps is to prepare the mini idlis. Then remove them from the molds and keep them ready.
- In a pan, heat cooking oil. Temper the mustard seeds and then add curry leaves, urad daal an chana daal. Fry until the leaves turn golden.
- Sprinkle Molagapodi and turmeric powder. Fry for about a minute.
- Add the mini idli and salt. Toss everything together, Ensure that the masala coats the idlis.
- Serve the podi idlis hot.