5 Reasons You’ll Want to Indulge Your Palate at Varq
1. You crave a next level Indian dining experience, not the same fare you can find at every other Indian restaurant or at home.
Varq is one of the best options for pre-plated Indian cuisine in New Delhi. The elegant eatery pushes the boundaries of traditional Indian fare with luxurious modern dining and works of culinary art. The hotel’s Grand Master Chef Hemant Oberoi has reimagined Indian cuisine through the lens of new techniques, imaginative presentations, unique pairings and a surprising blend of ingredients exotic to the region. Every bite is filled with bold flavors and thoughtful execution. You’ll want to savor it all.
2. You want to be wowed by the ambience.
Walking into Varq is like stepping into a jewel box. The impressive doorway is decorated with black timber latticework, round beveled windows and rich ruby red glass. Upon entering, carefully restored artwork by celebrated artist Anjolie Ela Menon brings the decorative walls to life. Intricate carvings, antiques, oil paintings and sculptures line the porticos like hidden gems. Classic art is contrasted by contemporary finishings including chocolate tiled floors, creamy leather chairs and a gold leaf ceiling topped off with large red beaded pendant drums sparkling from the ceiling.
3. The signature dishes are buzzed about all over town.
A few of the dishes that drive people to Varq include the Varqui Crab, a puff pastry layered with peppered crab and tandoori prawns, the Teeka Tamarind, a sweet and savory mocktail and the Chilli Tulsi and Pinenut Fish, pan seared Chilean sea bass in a mango and coconut curry. Each colorful dish is carefully plated to arrest all your senses.
4. With so many accolades and awards at Varq, every meal is a winner.
The award winning restaurant has been recognized by S. Pellegrino as one of Asia’s 50 best restaurants, ranked among 101 best resaurants in Asia by the Daily Mail and reported by Glam Media in their list of Food Top 100 Restaurants.
5. There’s never a dull moment at Varq with its bespoke culinary experiences.
Visit Varq throughout the year for food festivals with imaginative menus. Varq is always innovating, keeping its chefs on their toes and patrons impressed by exciting limited edition dishes. Some recent events include:
- Lost Recipes of the Royals — recreated delicacies from famed royal kitchens of bygone eras including Pattode ke Kebab, Tujji Chicken and Noori Hyderabadi Biryani
- Royal Delicacies of Mewar — a feast fit for a king inspired by the Rajasthani cities of Bhilwara, Rajsamand and Udaipur
- Coastal Cuisine — a celebration of flavors and seafood recipes from the coastal towns of West Bengal, Odisha and regions of Gujarat and Maharasthra
- Mushroom Festival — For all the fungi fanatics, plated edible artwork featuring delicacies like Mushroom Samosa, Stuffed Tandoori Mushroom and Oyster Mushroom Kofta
- Michelin Star Chefs Pop-up — World renowned chefs Sriram Aylur and Srijith Gopinathan joined forces to create a four-course meal with exclusive wine pairings
This post is in collaboration with Varq at the Taj Mahal Hotel.